Full-time position available with the Water Department, Permitting & Development Division located at 1001
Harrison Street. Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
• Supervises subordinates in the collection, processing, and production of survey data and deliverables.
• Produces of preliminary topographic surveys to support the preliminary design efforts of capital projects.
• Performs and researches boundary surveys for City projects and acquisitions.
• Creates and reviews record drawings/as-built drawings for accuracy and completeness of survey
• Originates and develops easement legal descriptions and drawings for capital projects or investigations.
• Performs staking of right of way boundaries, easements, property lines, and grading, in support of capital
projects and investigations.
• Determines the extent of right-of-way or easement encroachments.
• Provides legal descriptions and exhibits for documentation and acquisition purposes.
• Researches documents of all types in support of survey efforts/activities.
• Measures movement or settlement of assets and tracking the results over time.
• Provides technical assistance to internal and external customers in support of capital projects or
• Responds to correspondence and calls from internal and external customers.
• Interacts with other utilities, departments, and agencies to resolve issues or questions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRES an accredited Bachelor's degree in land survey, engineering, math, science or a related field; OR an
Associate's degree in land survey and 1 year experience as a Professional Land Surveyor; OR
high school graduation and 12 semester hours of surveying course work, 2 years experience under the immediate
supervision of a registered land surveyor, and 1 year experience as a Professional Land Surveyor. Must possess a
valid State-issued driver's license in accordance with City of KCMO policies. Must possess Missouri Professional
Land Surveyor License. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer physical examination as prescribed
by the City.
Salary Range: $27.25-$40.88/hour
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Apply online at www.kcmo.gov/jobs. EOE. The City of Kansas City, Missouri is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse workforce.