Nov 22, 2023
Survey Crew Coordinator-Technician
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all co-workers are expected to conform to the following:
- Exhibit daily Affinis values of balance, collaboration, excellence, servant leadership, and trustworthiness.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, clients, and colleagues, always striving to find ways to make their lives easier.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other co-workers and organizations.
- Exhibit regular & predictable attendance as this is an essential function of the job.
- Exhibit a higher standard of conduct than merely what is required under the laws prohibiting harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment and able to apply critical thinking to deliver solutions.
- Coordinate with internal team members and clients to schedule survey teams.
- Daily communication with survey team members to provide direction on project tasks and responsibilities.
- Researching and preparing existing data for the field crews use in collecting data.
- Mentoring and assisting field crews to expand their skillsets as necessary.
- Occasionally working as a member of the survey crew performing boundary, topography, ALTA, right-of-way, and construction surveys for public and private clients.
- Assist with operation, maintenance, and daily readiness of survey equipment, filing field notes, performing calculations and working with staff and clients on projects.
- Involvement in the office may include but is not limited to reducing survey data, performing calculations, copying, filing data and creating project deliverables using CAD drawing software’s.
- Consistently meets and exceeds client expectations by ensuring the preparation of accurate work products by:
- Completely projects according to Affinis and client standards
- Communicate ways to improve processes when opportunities are identified that could save clients time and money or that effectively solve potential problems/opportunities
- performing minor survey computations
- Ensure timely project completion by completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule and understanding individual activity schedules as they relate to overall project status.
- Contribute to a team that creates profitable projects by providing input to project team, understanding and following project work plans.
- Having knowledge of project and possible budget constraints
- Maintaining continuous, open communication with survey team leader and other team members
- Complete administrative paperwork as requested and required (e.g., time and mileage sheets).
- Using available technology appropriately
- tracking time accurately
- Must be dependable, organized, accurate, and detail-oriented
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum two years college education preferred
- Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a survey crew member or land surveyor
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- This position could require additional work outside of these hours as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. For consideration send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affinis Corp provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.