Nov 22, 2023
Survey Crew Chief
Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Position Status: Full Time
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all co-workers are expected to conform to the following:
- Exhibit daily Affinis values of balance, collaboration, excellence, servant leadership, and trustworthiness.
- Perform quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, clients, and colleagues, always striving to find ways to make their lives easier.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other co-workers and organizations.
- Exhibit regular & predictable attendance as this is an essential function of the job.
- Exhibit a higher standard of conduct than merely what is required under the laws prohibiting harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment and able to apply critical thinking to deliver solutions.
- Oversee and manage crew performing topographic design surveys, property boundary surveys, and construction surveys.
- Follow direction of survey team leader in order to gain knowledge and become more proficient in the position.
- Provide input on field checks of the surveys, and other field-oriented responsibilities as required.
- Work collaboratively with field survey staff and Affinis co-workers.
- Teach and mentor other team members on Affinis survey techniques, requirements and standards to assure they have the information they need to grow and succeed in their position.
- Assist in bringing field data into CAD software’s to view codes and line work.
- Perform surveys using survey hardware and software according to Affinis and client standards.
- Perform field operations for a variety of surveying projects including topographic design surveys, property boundary surveys, and construction layout.
- Field check surveys to actual field conditions—walk the site to verify drawings.
- Understand and avoid basic sources of measurement errors.
- Enter field data and produce positional information (i.e., leveling, traversing, topographic mapping) with either a hand-held calculator or computer software.
- Complete administrative paperwork as requested and required (e.g., time and mileage sheets).
- Must be aware of and practice general safety requirements and procedures for items such as traffic control and accessing properties (ex: railroads or highways). Responsible for assuring other survey crew members are aware of pertinent safety requirements.
- Assist with care and maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
- Must be dependable, organized, accurate, and detail-oriented
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Some college preferred
- Preference will be given to those who are willing to work towards licensure as a professional Land Surveyor
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a survey crew member; experience with fundamental survey techniques
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- This position could require additional work outside of these hours as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. For consideration send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affinis Corp provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.