Mar 08, 2022
Engineering, Surveying and Field Technician
Engineering, Surveying, & Field Technician
Full-Time Salaried Engineering Department of Agriculture Weights Measures and Consumer Protection
Apply To This Position Scheduled Hours: Monday - Friday - 40 hours/week
Job Title: Land Survey Technician (Engineering, Surveying, and Field Technician)
Salary: $35,808 - $38,000 annually
Why you’ll love this position:
We are looking for a full-time Land Survey Technician in our Cadastral and Geodetic Sections. The mission of the Land Survey Program is to develop and provide information required for the accurate and economical location of property boundaries in Missouri. The program is responsible for Cadastral and Geodetic Surveys as well as making survey documents available to surveyors and the public. The land corners established through surveying are the basis for the location of all property in Missouri.
If you want to assist and serve Missouri citizens, this may be the job for you!
What you’ll do:
- Assist in locating the corners and lines of the US Public Land Survey System (USPLSS) established by deputy surveyors working under contract for the General Land Office.
- Perform research in-house survey projects, review record survey plats, maps and other various survey documents to prepare field worksheets, download and process field data, and perform survey calculations utilizing Carlson Surveying Software.
- Supervise field crews in utilizing Global Position System (GPS) and total station equipment to collect survey data to complete in-house cadastral and geodetic projects.
- Oversee and participate in surveys to determine heights of points above the North American Vertical Datum, surveys to determine the state plane coordinates of control stations and land boundary corners, and to perform field procedures to preserve existing horizontal and vertical control monuments.
- Completing preliminary and final Certified Land Corner Documents and survey plats utilizing computer aided drafting (CAD) software.
- Assist or oversee the restoration and reestablishment of lost or obliterated corners with the installation of MDA aluminum pipe monuments, install Geodetic Control Stations.
High School diploma and two years of relevant experience, intermediate knowledge of modern surveying methods and surveying equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of federal and state laws relating to cadastral and geodetic surveying.
- Education and/or experience using computer aided drafting (CAD) software.
- Experience with survey data processing and adjustment software.
- Twelve(12) college credit hours of surveying coursework as approved by the Missouri Board of Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Landscape Architects.
For more information about this position, contact Human Resouces at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Missouri Dept of Agriculture is an Equal Opportunity Employer