Oct 21, 2021
Land Survey Manager
As the State Land Surveyor, you will be managing a team of dedicated professionals who work to ensure property boundaries within Missouri. The program is part of the Division of Weights, Measures & Consumer Protection, which is responsible for ensuring Missouri citizens are treated fairly and equitably in the marketplace. The primary mission of the Land Survey Program is to develop and provide information required for the accurate and economical location of property boundaries in Missouri by working with the USPLSS (United States Public Land Survey System), which was adopted by U.S. Congress in 1785.
TITLE: Land Survey Manager
SALARY: $60,000 - $70,000 annually
LOCATION: Rolla, Missouri
What You'll Do:
- Manages approximately 12 team members, including direct supervision of 3 section leads (support staff).
- Communicates with the general public, land survey firms, various associations and government agencies both orally and in writing.
- Supervises all land surveying activities performed, but not limited to: establishment of USPLSS (U.S. Public Land Survey System) corners, and data collection associated with National Geodetic Survey projects, including State Plane Coordinate System of 2022, and maintenance of the Missouri Geographic Reference System and Land Survey Repository.
- Contracts with various county commissions to restore USPLSS corners within their respective counties.
- Must be a licensed Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Missouri; AND
- Must have 6 or more years of boundary analysis and boundary determination experience; AND
- Strong knowledge of land survey practices and prior supervisory/management experience; AND
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage for results through employee performance and accountability
- Capable of being responsive to multiple stakeholders and maintaining a deadline driven mindset
- Bachelor's Degree in complimentary field of study
Questions regarding this position, please send to: email@example.com
The Missouri Department of Agriculture is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply here: https://mocareers.mo.gov/hiretrue/ce3/job-board/5effe9b2-4b89-494b-ac76-c45e25190768?division=Department%20of%20Agriculture