Sep 08, 2021
Project Land Surveyor
Volkert is seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Project Land Surveyor to support our West Central region in Collinsville, IL or St. Louis, MO.
This position is a managerial role and will be responsible for working with Engineering and Real Estate Mangers to help grow the Collinsville and St. Louis offices. Responsibilities include, business development, hiring and mentoring survey staff and the success of projects, including quality, budget and schedule.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help build and support new and existing client relationships.
- Develop fees and write and review proposals.
- Hire, mentor and train technical staff, including professional land surveyors, survey field crews and technicians.
- Manage projects to ensure a quality product is delivered on time, under budget and that meets the client needs and expectations.
- Ensuring compliance with client and company safety regulations.
What you need to have:
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor (Registered in Illinois or Missouri)
- 5-10 years of experience in surveying management with the ability to grow and lead a Survey department.
- Strong professional relationships
- Project management skills (contracts and subcontracts) will be managing subcontractors
- Solid self-motivational and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Safety oriented.
- Technical skills, including AutoCad and/or MicroSation, Trimble equipment and software, laser scanning and drones a plus.
To be a successful Volkert Project Land Surveyor, you must possess the following characteristics:
- A Brand Ambassador for the company who engages and provides Diversity & Inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivating to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment