Aug 23, 2021
Survey Field Technician
Survey Field Technician Job Description
The Survey Field Technician will carry out a variety of survey field work including topographic surveying, property boundary surveys and construction staking. This position will primarily involve working as part of a team. Training will be provided to the successful candidate as required.
- Strong communications skills. Thorough and attentive to details. Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proactive and deadline oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Experience with land surveying is a plus but not required.
- AutoCAD/Drafting experience is a plus but not required.
Essential Job Functions & Expectations
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow directions from a crew chief and Project Management team.
- Eager to learn and proactively build on training.
- Self-motivated individual and display initiative.
- Interact with clients and understand needs.
- Flexibility to adapt to situations and circumstances.
- Manual dexterity and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and terrain environments.
- Ability to lift/carry 50-75lb.
- Travel and stay overnight for work on an occasional basis.
- Maintain accurate, legible organized records in accordance with all Operations and Work Instructions.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and policies/procedures.
- Be safety driven. Maintain a good driving record.
- Anticipate, prevent, and solve problems (proactive vs. reactive) within his/her authority.
- Once trained, efficiently operate survey equipment including total stations, levels, GPS equipment, 3D scanner and data collectors. Collection of data and review for accuracy.
- Once trained, read, and interpret survey records, deeds, and construction plan documents.
Professional / Technical Registration / Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Land Surveying Experience is a plus but not required.
- College Classes or Associates or bachelor’s degree in related field is a plus but not required.
Salary: Competitive & Commensurate with Experience
Job Types: Full-time
Please visit our website at www.abnacorp.com and submit all resumes to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.