Mar 18, 2021
Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager – Land Survey
Position: Project Manager or Sr. Project Manager – Land Survey
Location: Chesterfield, MO (St. Louis) and Indianapolis, IN
Start Date: Immediately
Having a passion for land surveying and civil / site development as well as having a positive, proactive attitude and solid work ethic makes you a perfect fit for a Land Survey Project Manager role at Weihe Engineers. You’ll be part of a professional team in a growing, dynamic company that has offered land survey services since 1960. You’ll also benefit and enjoy working with fellow project managers and crew chiefs with 20+ years of experience in a work setting with a family-style atmosphere. You should know that we believe in work/life balance. So, 40-hour weeks are fine if desired. And, if you’re open to overtime, let us know so we can schedule you correctly. We have plenty of work from loyal clients. With such a history and excellent reputation, we’re the preferred choice for professionals and clients alike. Note, this is a full-time position and not filling a short-term project need.
You will work closely with our clients and provide direction to survey CAD technicians, engage field crews as needed, and if applicable, collaborate with our civil engineering and landscape architecture departments. Specifically, you will manage survey projects from inception to successful completion while meeting scope, contract requirements, schedule and budget parameters.
- Professional Land Surveyor registration(s) in either Missouri, Indiana or Illinois (and willing to pursue licensure in these states if not already registered). Will consider Survey Interns pursuing licensure.
- 5 – 10 years of progressive experience in surveying and project management.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in site development projects.
- Oversee, create and review boundary, topographic and ALTA surveys using standard industry surveying software as well as Microsoft Office.
- Prepare legal descriptions.
- Research applicable city/county records: deeds and subdivision plats.
- Create surveyor reports.
- Perform duties such as research, boundary analysis and resolution, exhibits for right-of-way acquisitions, easements and the like, while working in AutoCAD (Civil 3D).
- Secondary education preferred, not mandatory.
- Manage project budgets, scopes and timelines.
- Prepare and/or provide input for proposals.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Strong planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- General understanding of CAD software (Civil 3D).
- Familiarity with and knowledge of geographic area.
- Willingness to contribute when and where needed.
Your Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is highly commensurate with experience
- Very competitive and robust benefits package available
- Seven paid holidays
- Opportunities for development and advancement