Sep 11, 2020
Professional Land Surveyor
Location: St Louis, MO
Civil Design Inc
Civil Design, Inc. is a Certified Woman Business Enterprise, civil engineering firm of 70+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, structures and infrastructure and analytics. Civil Design Inc. is in its 24th year of business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL and Louisville, KY.
Culture: CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client, and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, mutual trust and respect, ownership, and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships
Job Description: Responsible for making precise measurements to determine boundaries and providing topographic data utilizing survey equipment and data collection software.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate, direct, and lead team members in the completion of Boundary and Topographical Surveys, Route Surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Utility Surveys and Constructional layout for private and government projects.
- Create and execute project work plans
- Manage multiple projects and delegate project tasks to team members.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope.
- Perform reviews and quality assurance to insure adherence to project standards and
- Experience with Trimble Robotic, GNSS and Conventional equipment, LiDAR Scanning equipment.
- Adhere to safety policies, procedures, and requirements of CDI.
- Primarily Office work, if needed some travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of land surveying.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and geometry and its application to field surveying.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, MicroStation and other relevant software.
- Skilled in the use of surveying instruments including Trimble Robotic and GNSS equipment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of processing collected data through the completion of projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of geographic area.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of MicroStation, AutoCAD, Trimble Access, Leica Cyclone, Trimble, and Leica Instrumentation is a plus.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- License: Missouri Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) Required. Additional state licenses a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as PLS.
- Prior experience with MicroStation, MoDOT Standards, AutoCAD, and Records Research.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
Work is generally performed in the office but will include some outside work at various job sites. May be exposed to all kinds of weather conditions including extreme temperatures, rain, snow, high winds, humidity, and dusty conditions. Physical activity is required including walking, standing, carrying equipment, stooping, kneeling, and bending. May be exposed to exhaust fumes, dust particles, insects, wildlife, plants, poison ivy, and other environmental elements. Must be able to lift/carry 30lbs in field conditions. Up to 10% of work performed outside.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Engagement Readiness - Demonstrating a willingness to commit to one’s work and to invest one’s time, talent, and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
Reply through website below:
Contacts -> careers