Jul 07, 2020
Professional Land Surveyor/Survey Studio Coordinator
PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR / SURVEY STUDIO COORDINATOR
SWT Design is an integrated team of landscape architects, planners, engineers, surveyors and other talented individuals. We have a focus on meaningful projects with purpose-drive clients and a fun-loving and welcoming culture that keeps us grounded. How we treat clients is how we treat each other – with respect, honesty, and curiosity. Our culture and the promise of career-defining experiences are a huge pull. On day one at SWT, you become family.
Our team members have a voice and the chance to work on incredible projects. They value autonomy, flexibility and purpose. Joining SWT offers broad experience rather than siloed specialization. Outside of work, we are a close-knit team that knows how to have fun. There’s no isolation here.
We aim to make every teammate feel at ease. To embrace every background, race, religion and personality. We’ll make sure you’re always growing and never bored. Whether you’ve worked in the field for days or decades, your projects will see the light of day. Your contributions will be praised. We’ll ask for your opinion and personal perspective.
SWT Design is actively seeking a dynamic and experienced individual with 5+ years professional experience to join our team. We are seeking a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) or Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) who is intimately familiar with leading survey crews, performing field work, mentoring a team, coordinating workload, and ensuring quality control.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead survey crews and coordinate with surveyors to complete surveys and deliver quality services to our clients
- Manage multiple survey-related projects ranging in size and scope simultaneously
- Research previous surveys, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys
- Perform fieldwork for boundary and topographic surveys
- Prepare legal descriptions and exhibits for easement, rights-of-way, lot-line adjustments and mergers
- Plan and organize surveying efforts to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, titles, mining, or other purposes
- Keep accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed
- Coordinate with and mentor draftspersons
- Participate in production of survey documentation and drafting as needed to support draftspersons
- Perform quality control / quality assurance process for completed survey work with Survey Department Lead and other SWT Design team members before issuing to Client
- Support survey department manager on project scope and fee estimating
- Participate in interviewing and evaluating additional surveying team members
- Registered PLS or LSIT certification in the state of Missouri. Additional state licenses desired.
- Desire and ability to obtain licensure in additional states including Kentucky and others as requested
- Experience in leading survey team and while setting clear expectations
- Experience preparing legal descriptions, filing plats, recording surveys, and preparing easements
- Experience collecting survey data to support civil, site design and infrastructure survey projects
- Ability to track performance and project delivery while working well in a team environment
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver's license with insurable driving record
- Business Development / Client Management skills desired but not required.
- Takes on tasks with enthusiasm and embraces the “team” atmosphere within SWT Design.
- High level of proficiency with field equipment in relevant software/programs.
- Willingness to learn and proactively explore new technology, equipment, and software.
- Ability to physically work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following firm policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Hard worker, diligent, and eager to please team members.
- Ability to interact effectively with SWT Staff and others involved in project delivery.
- Strong ethics and good moral character.
To apply contact Bonnie Roy, firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 644-5700.