Jan 21, 2020
Location: St Louis, MO
Civil Design Inc
Civil Design, Inc. is a Certified Woman Business Enterprise, civil engineering firm of 70+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, structures and infrastructure and analytics. Civil Design Inc. is in its 24th year of business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL and Louisville, KY.
Culture: CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships
Job Description: Responsible for making precise measurements to determine boundaries and providing topographic data utilizing survey equipment and data collection software.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform boundary surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties.
- Perform topographic surveys providing data relevant to the contours of the ground and existing features.
- May perform construction surveys for municipal, private and roadway projects.
- Utilize Trimble Robotic, GNSS and Conventional equipment, Leica 3D Scanning equipment, and survey data collection software to take measurements and collect relevant information.
- Perform daily import of all field collected data.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and professional field notes.
- Perform general equipment maintenance.
- Adhere to safety policies, procedures and requirements of CDI.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General understanding of the principles and practices of land surveying.
- General understanding of CAD software.
- General knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and geometry and its application to field surveying.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Trimble and other relevant software.
- Skill in the use of surveying instruments including Trimble Robotic and GPS equipment.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of geographic area.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of MicroStation, AutoCAD, Trimble Access, Leica Cyclone, Trimble and Leica Instrumentation is a plus.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Surveying or Geography, preferred
- 2-5 years of land surveying experience preferred
- Prior experience with Trimble software and/or equipment a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
Work is generally performed outside at various job sites. May be exposed to all kinds of weather conditions including extreme temperatures, rain, snow, high winds, humidity and dusty conditions. Physical activity is required including walking, standing, carrying equipment, stooping, kneeling, and bending. May be exposed to exhaust fumes, dust particles, insects, wildlife, plants, poison ivy, and other environmental elements. Must be able to lift/carry 30lbs in field conditions. Up to 10% of work performed in an office environment
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Engagement Readiness - Demonstrating a willingness to commit to one’s work and to invest one’s time, talent, and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
To apply visit www.civildesigninc.com. Go to contact/careers.