Survey Technician 1
Please apply at: https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=156557&lang=en#.XfKxp_gtJOE.link
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently seeking an entry level surveyor to work as a member of a survey crew based out of our Kansas City, MO office. Entry level surveyor would work outside daily performing boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, design and construction surveys for public, private and internal clients. Applicant must be willing and able to travel, and be responsible, highly motivated, and detail oriented. Entry level surveyors complete a variety of professional assignments to facilitate the completion of surveys while learning the methods of the work.
The primary duties of this position will be to assist the party chief as directed to conduct land surveys. Maintain surveying equipment and survey vehicle inventory. Maintain records, prepare reports and other functions as required.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn mathematics, survey computer programs, and survey computations applicable to the work.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn surveying instruments and equipment and their use and care.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the principles and practices of land surveying.
- Ability to apply knowledge of land surveying to land surveying activities and techniques.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations accurately and record results legibly.
- Ability to carry out written and oral directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain favorable public relations.
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Must be willing and able to travel for out of town work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
- Assist in field layout and measurement
- Prepare base maps
- Perform standard calculations to determine elevation, areas and volumes from field survey notes
- Use standard tapes and electronic field equipment in a fashion consistent with accepted rules
- Perform basic calculations from field note data, and read, interpret and use topographic maps and design drawings
- Demonstrate understanding of basic survey or CAD computer applications
- Perform other duties as needed
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law. San Francisco, CA: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
: United States-Missouri-Kansas City