Nov 11, 2019
Land Survey Crew Chief
Job Title: Land Survey Crew Chief
Location: Springfield, MO
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity in a dynamic firm? If so, we are seeking an experienced Land Survey Crew Chief who is looking for challenges and can provide their skill set and experience to our growing survey practice.
Toth & Associates (TOTH) is currently searching for an organized and highly motivated Survey Crew Chief to join our Land Services group. This position will perform a wide variety of duties including staking and layout of Electric Utility projects including transmission, distribution, and electrical substations. You will be expected to work independently and perform fieldwork necessary for completion of boundary and topographic surveys in support of TOTH’s civil and electrical engineering groups. This position will be based in Springfield, Missouri.
TOTH will accept a range of experience levels with salary being predicated on experience.
A high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate and two (2) plus years of progressive experience in the field while completing a variety of survey projects.
An L.S.I.T. certificate is preferred but not required, however TOTH’s Professional Land Survey staff will provide direction and mentoring to individuals interested in pursuing professional licensure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform field survey tasks associated with a wide range of projects (electric utility, civil projects, new site construction, ALTA/NSPS surveys, boundary surveys, etc.)
- Maintain survey equipment in a responsible manner, keep it clean, and notify your supervisor anytime equipment or vehicles become damaged or not operating as it should.
- At all times be courteous and act in a professional manner
- Work closely with other field and office staff as a member of a high-performing team
- Communicate with clients and contractors
- Working alongside staff from other TOTH offices to complete complex, fast-paced projects
- Must follow project specific Safety and Quality Control protocols
- Maintain hand -written field notes in project specific field books in standard survey format and in a neat and orderly fashion. Maintain field and office project files per company standards and policy.
The Ideal Candidate will meet the Following Experience Requirements:
- Two (2) plus years of Survey Crew Chief experience
- Proficiency with Leica TS-12 Robotic Total Station and Carlson Data Collection is preferred
- Proficiency with Carlson Data Collection and GeoMax GPS equipment is preferred
- Experience in the electrical transmission and distribution fields, and in completing ALTA/NSPS Surveys, Boundary, Topographic and Construction surveys
- Possess good communication and problem-solving skills along with a proven work history, strong work ethic and team-player attitude
- Ability to work independently as a 1-person crew or if the project requires, in a 2-person survey crew environment.
- Must have a valid Missouri Driver’s License.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is commensurate with work experience and skills.
- Licensure is not required.
Employees and their families are at the heart of Toth and Associates’ benefits package. Health and financial wellness needs are supported, as well as the promotion of a positive work-life balance, through benefits, paid time off, and a flexible work arrangement.
- Medical – 3 coverage options; employer premium cost-share
- 401(k) – pre-tax and Roth employee deferral options; employer-provided Safe Harbor as well as discretionary profit sharing and matching contributions
- Cell phone package – employer-paid phone and line
- Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation, sick, and holiday time off
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus program
- Flexible work arrangement
- Education assistance
- Employee appreciation events
- Corporate community volunteering
To Apply for this position and to learn about more opportunities at Toth & Associates, please visit our career site at: www.tothassociates.com.