Oct 08, 2019
Surveyor/Field Engineer with experience needed to provide civil survey support to new and existing work on the FUSRAP Project.
Candidates should be self-motivated, detail-oriented individuals who have solid experience with a PC and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Must have basic CAD/GIS knowledge and be able to communicate effectively with CAD/GIS personnel. Must have working knowledge of, and the ability to use all surveying equipment and techniques (specifically total station, GPS, data collectors and levels).
Works independently, but under supervision of, and reports to the Construction Manager or Superintendent, yet needs to possess skills necessary to plan, organize and direct work.
- Provide horizontal and vertical control required for accurate measurement and correct installation of construction materials.
- Provide checking of as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques.
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and quantity calculations.
- Provide quantity calculations as required.
- Prepare documentation of surveying activities.
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment.
- Coordinate surveying activities to meet construction requirements.
- Move materials and equipment to work locations and set up work site control.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot surveying equipment issues as needed.
- Follow all hazardous waste handling guidelines.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all company safety and project rules.
- Under direction of Site Manager or designee, obtains data pertaining to angles, elevations, points, and contours used for construction, using GPS system, level, transit, or other surveying instruments.
- Should be familiar with functional operation, adjustment and use of theodolites, lasers, transits, tapes, range poles, rods, levels and compass.
- May use small hand level for rough leveling work.
- Has ability to read, interpret or prepare documents such as work orders, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, field notes, sketches, drawings and specifications as they pertain to the development of lines and grades.
- Has thorough understanding and knowledge of the methods of calculations employed in leveling, traversing, stadia, topographic surveys, mapping, construction surveys, laying out curves and determination of volumes.
- Direct Rod Person and/or other subordinate members of survey team in a safe manner.
- Determine coordinates and elevations using transits, levels and satellite-based global positioning system (GPS).
- Verify accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at Survey Sites.
- Perform other duties as required.
May require a high school diploma or equivalent, with surveying experience in civil construction or engineering work. Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with plans and specifications and the ability to recognize and solve problems in the field or recognize potential problems. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of surveying. Strong communication, written, math, and computer skills are essential. Knowledge of computer aided drafting software and registered LSIT is preferred. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Training is required.