Jun 11, 2018
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 60+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, water resources, structures and infrastructure and analytics. Civil Design Inc. is in its 22nd year of business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL and Louisville, KY.
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
Responsible for making precise measurements for construction survey layout, boundary determination, and providing topographic data utilizing the latest survey equipment and data collection software. Key responsibilities will include survey layout, structural monitoring, topographic surveys and as-built surveys for the Merchants Bridge Rehabilitation Program. Working directly with the general contractor to coordinate and implement the layout and monitoring of structural members during construction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage a field survey crew in completing heavy construction staking, topographic, boundary and control surveys for design and construction surveys.
- Maintain and manage schedule of highly detailed
- Train, mentor and evaluateSurvey Crew Technicians to improve efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of work performed.
- Oversee demanding field surveying projects including, deadlines, schedules and crew training.
- Read and interpret structural and site plans and makefield calculations for layout.
- Keep accurate, detailed, and professional notes and sketches;
- Perform general equipment maintenance.
- Direct and perform field activities and maintaining vehicles and equipment;
- Ensures compliance with CDI’s safety procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of survey field operations using GPS, Robotic Total Station, Automatic/Digital Levels, High Definition Scanners and Data Collectors.
- Understanding of MicroStation, AutoCad, Leica Cyclone, Trimble and Leica Instrumentation is a plus.
- High Definition Scanning experience is a plus.
- General understanding of CAD software.
- Knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and geometry and its application to field surveying.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Trimble and other relevant software.
- Skill in the use of surveying instruments including Trimble Robotic and GPS equipment.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of geographic area.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Surveying
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in Missouri, preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Building Trust– Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration- Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Contributing to Team Success- Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Engagement Readiness- Demonstrating a willingness to commit to one’s work and to invest one’s time, talent, and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
Project Surveyor, Merchants Bridge