Oct 26, 2017
Survey Crew Chief
Survey Crew Chief – Overland Park, KS
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. a leader in land and energy development is searching for a full-time Survey Crew Chief in our Overland Park, KS office.
In this role the Survey Crew Chief will:
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external clients
- Perform field work for land surveying scopes of work including construction staking, boundary location, ALTA, and topography for various project types
- Organize field staking materials as necessary
- Operate GPS, total stations and data collectors
- Transfer files between data collectors and internal company project folders
- Maintain productive working relationships with all clients and coworkers
- Adhere to the company’s Safety, Quality Management and Equipment Maintenance policies
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- Ability to carry survey equipment and supplies in remote, rural or urban surroundings
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distances
- Ability to effectively lead a survey crew and train/mentor survey crew members
- Must be able to operate a total station and GPS in both static and RTK modes surveying activities pertaining to control networks, boundaries, ALTA’s, topography, and construction staking.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle with a valid license and clean driving history
- OSHA 10 and CPR/First Aid or ability and willingness to acquire it
- Must be able perform tasks and solve problems with a high degree of independence
- Basic “office suite” computer skills
- Ability to travel and remain on a project site for extended periods (must have the capability of self-funding the total amount of expenses until reimbursement can be disbursed)
- An Associate’s Degree in Surveying, Engineering Technology, or related area of study
- Wind energy, solar energy, and transmission line projects
- Coordinating activities with office personnel, including surveying technicians and engineering staff
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood) is a multi-disciplined surveying and engineering firm providing services for commercial and residential development, wind and solar energy, power delivery, and oil and gas projects. The firm was established in 1972 and serves clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2015, Westwood was recognized on the Inc.5000 list of fastest growing private firms in the U.S. and won several significant national awards including POB Magazine’s top ten U.S. surveying firms, Zweig Group’s prestigious Hot Firm List, Best Firms to Work For, and Marketing Excellence awards. Zweig Group Hot Firms List recognizes the 100 fastest-growing architecture, engineering, planning and environmental consulting firms in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in Minneapolis, the company was also listed as one of the Top Workplaces in Minnesota by the StarTribune news media.
Click here to apply. You will be redirected to the Westwood Professional Services website.