Sep 14, 2017
Survey Crew Member
GBA is a multi-disciplined professional design firm providing engineering and architectural services to clients in the public and private sectors. GBA’s Survey Group is currently seeking a full-time Survey Crew Member to join their field survey team. This position will report to the Crew Chief and assist with field survey activities. This is an hourly, non-exempt position which requires outdoor work, typically Monday – Friday, starting at 7:00am. Occasional overtime is paid at time and a half. Some travel may be required for out of town assignments. Two Years of Field Surveying experience is preferred but we also offer training to learn field operations, if needed. We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of a team, has a positive attitude and is eager to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting the Crew Chief in the operation of a field survey crew
- The major objectives are the quality (accuracy, thoroughness, meeting regulatory requirements, public relations) of work, safety, and maintenance of equipment
- Must operate equipment, maintain safe work environment, protect and maintain the equipment and vehicles, accurately and efficiently collect field data and locate features
- Record accurate and clear surveying notes
- Accurately record data points with data collector
- Set wooden stakes and iron rods, cut and clear brush, trees, etc.
- Adhere to the company’s Safety, Quality Management and Equipment Maintenance policies
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- Ability to carry survey equipment and supplies in remote, rural or urban surroundings
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and walk long distances
- Physical assessment required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Good technical skills; process oriented behavioral traits including being steady, helpful, analytical, a problem solver, likes work alone when required, methodical, consistent, detail oriented, precise, doesn’t like mistakes, likes structure
- Familiarity working with Robotic Total Station and RTK GPS (Carlson SurvCE) is helpful
- Must have a valid driver's license and pass a motor vehicle check
- Comfortable working at heights and on water bodies as required
- Must be able to operate with a high degree of independence
- Ability to memorize codes to perform efficient input of data into data collector
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Team player who can take direction and having a positive attitude is a MUST
- Open and willingness to travel and work overtime on occasion
GBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GBA promotes diversity in our workforce by including all individuals regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law.
To be considered an applicant, you must go to the Careers section of our website at www.gbateam.com to submit an application and resume.