May 18, 2017
Survey CAD Drafter
Job Title: Survey CAD Drafter
Location: St. Louis, MO
Hours of Work: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Civil Design Inc.
A certified Woman Business Enterprise, Civil Design, Inc. is a civil engineering firm of 50+ team members committed to building stronger communities in the markets we serve. Areas of focus include site development, surveying, transportation, infrastructure and analytics, water resources and structures. Civil Design Inc. is in its 20th year in business and has offices in St. Louis, MO, Effingham, IL and Louisville, KY.
CDI has a strong family-oriented culture with the drive to build stronger co-worker, client and local communities. Guided by the values of continuous learning and growth, first time quality, mutual trust and respect, ownership and responsiveness – CDI offers a spirited team atmosphere driving quality engineering and strong client relationships.
Competitive Benefit Package including health, dental and vision Insurance, 401(k) and PTO.
Responsible for drafting field collected survey data and creating finished drawings for boundaries and topographic surveys utilizing CAD software.
Essential Job Functions
- Interpret and draw record boundaries from written deeds and plats.
- Draft topographic surveys from provided data to create surfaces, TINs, relevant to the contours of the ground and existing features.
- May calculate points for construction surveys for municipal, private and roadway projects.
- Familiar with Trimble Business Center survey data collection software
- Assist in deed and plat research for boundary surveys
- Adhere to safety policies, procedures and requirements of CDI.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General understanding of the principles and practices of land surveying.
- Proficiency using Microstation V8i & Geopak.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil3D
- General knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and geometry and its application to surveying.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Trimble and other relevant software.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to a safe working environment following safety policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- AutoCAD Civil3D and or Microstation
- Previous land surveying experience preferred.
- Prior experience with 3D scanning/point cloud software a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Engagement Readiness - Demonstrating a willingness to commit to one’s work and to invest one’s time, talent, and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals.
If interested, please submit your resume at http://civildesigninc.com/details.aspx?NavID=17